Tue, 08 Feb|
Learn to Play the Gong (Online Workshop - Starts 8 February 2022)
If you've been thinking about learning to play the gong, this is your chance: join an online group training to kick-start your gong playing journey. Learn about the science & history of sound healing, playing techniques, and guidance on selecting your first gong. No gong needed to get started!
Time & Location
08 Feb 2022, 19:00 GMT – 02 Mar 2022, 20:00 GMT
About the Event
Anyone can learn to play the gong, no prior music or meditation experience is required. Gong playing is a great way to learn to meditate on your own, or you can kick start your journey to becoming a gong meditation practitioner with this workshop.
The gong player and practitioner training we offer is divided into two parts, both of which include theory and practice:
- Part 1: Learning to Play the Gong introduces you to the history, theory and science of gong meditation, and includes an overview of playing techniques as well as practice time with the gong
- Part 2: Hosting a Gong Bath is designed for those who want to go further and learn to facilitate gong baths.
Combined, Parts 1 and 2 are a first step towards qualifying to deliver gong baths at the GONG studio, or to incorporating gong meditation into your personal or professional activities.
This workshop is for Part 1, and it will be hosted online via Zoom. The benefit of the online format is that you can learn and practice directly with your own gong at home, which will allow you to play around with and optimize your personal set up. It is a focused, practical, and interactive workshop.
Dates: 8-9 February from 7-8:15 pm GMT (theory) + 1-2 March 7-8 pm (practical)
This allows time for you to find and purchase a gong to complete the practical part of the training.
In addition to these weeknight workshops, you will also have an optional mentoring call with me after the workshop to address any personal questions, concerns or other topics you might like to get more guidance on.
Here is what the training will cover:
Introduction to the Gong & Sound Meditation
- Types of Gongs & Mallets
- History of the Gong & Gong Baths
- Science of Sound Meditation (mental & physical benefits)
Introduction to Playing the Gong
- Gong Playing 101
- The Four “i’s” of Gong Playing
- Stroke Techniques
- Creating a Soundscape
Group & Individual Practice
- Group & Individual Practice during workshop
- Additional Individual Practice Time (self-study with guidance)
- Private 1-1 training call with Selma
1 hour 15 minutes
Types of Gongs & Accessories
1 hour 15 minutes
History, Science & Theory of Sound Healing
Includes course, assistance in choosing a gong, and 30 minute 1-1 mentor call with Selma to take place within 3 months of the workshop. Practice time with a gong in London can be arranged for an additional fee.