Coming in Spring 2022 - Date TBD|
Centre of Unity
Gong Training Retreat (In Switzerland)
Anyone can learn to play the gong, no prior music or meditation experience is required. Gong playing can be a great way to learn to meditate on your own, or you can kick start your journey to becoming a gong meditation practitioner.
Time & Location
Coming in Spring 2022 - Date TBD
Centre of Unity, Schweibenalp, 3855 Brienz, Switzerland
About the Event
Playing the gong is very much of an intuitive practice, so anyone can learn to play as long as you remain curious, motivated and let yourself be guided by a positive intention and intuition. Gong playing is a great way to meditate on your own, and it's also very effective relaxation technique.
This Retreat will be a mix of theory and practice. You will learn the history, theory and science of gong meditation; get an overview of playing techniques; understand the basics of how to host a gong bath; and have plenty of time to practice playing the gong for yourself and others. You will also receive individual advice on what kind of gong to purchase if you are interested in buying one for yourself.
This training is a first step towards qualifying to deliver gong baths with us, or to incorporating gong meditation into your personal or professional activities.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the Gong & Sound Meditation
- History of the Gong & Gong Baths
- Science of Sound Meditation (mental & physical benefits)
- Types of Gongs & Mallets
- Introduction to Playing the Gong
- Gong Playing 101
- Stroke Techniques
- Creating a Soundscape
- Facilitating Gong Baths
- Setting the Intention
- Creating a Welcoming Space
- Introducing the Gong Bath
- Disclaimers / Contraindications
- Guided Meditation Practices
- Creating a Sound Journey
- Closing the Gong Bath
- Before & After Participant Care
- Guiding Sessions Virtually
- Setting up a Practice
- Group & Individual Practice
- Group practice
- Individual Practice Time with the gong
- Facilitate a gong bath for your friends & family
BONUS: To supplement the training and allow you to integrate the learnings, you will also have the opportunity to book a 1 hour one-to-one call with Selma. This can be activated anytime within 3 months after the training.
ABOUT THE RETREAT CENTRE: Centre of Unity, Schweibenalp Switzerland
The center of the Schweibenalp Retreat Centre is located in the Bernese Oberland at 1,100 meters, with a view of the turquoise Lake Brienz. Schweibenalp is a living and working community that manages the seminar center and maintains the permaculture gardens. The Center is part of the Global Ecovillage network and has been contributing to the development of a holistic lifestyle and universal spirituality for 35 years.
- Accommodation and catering: Accomodation and meals are included in the retreat. The guest rooms are simple and lovingly designed, and you can choose to stay in a single, double, or multi-bed room depending on your budget. There are newly built mixed showers and toilets on each floor. All meals are vegetarian and organic. Careful attention is given to a balanced composition of the meals and the use natural regional products.
- Temple of Unity: The center of the Schweibenalp Center is a space for universal spirituality. The various wisdom traditions have a common place of silence and strength with us - the temple of unity. There are daily ceremonies, kirtan / mantra chanting and silent meditation. The temple of unity, the kutir (Babaji's room) and the dhuni (fire tent) are accessible to everyone at all times and, since the center was opened in 1982, places of prayer, rituals and meditation. In the more than 30 years of daily care and practice, the temple and the whole area has become a noticeable place of power and is visited by many people as a place of pilgrimage, for clarification and strengthening and to come into contact with the universal source. In addition to the temple, there are many other natural and man-made power places on the Schweibenalp that invite you to linger and meditate.
- Getting There: Zurich Airport can be reached in 1.5 hours by car and 2.5 hours by public transport. The nearest village Brienz is 8 km away. A shuttle from Brienz can be arranged.
WHAT ABOUT COVID?
The pandemic is still impacting ease of international travel, however it has developed to a point where the vaccination/testing infrastructure and policies are managable with advanced planning.
Currently, all vaccianted travelers are allowed to enter Switzeralnd with the proper permisions. Non-vaccinated travelers can only enter with a negative PCR test under certain conditions. There is no quarantine required. Check you eligibility here: https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home
Travelling back to your home country
It's important to also check the requirements for travelling back to your home country. Some country may require COVID tests.
We can’t think of a better place to experience the power of the gong and learn how to use sound for healing.
Please get in touch at email@example.com with any questions, and it would be a pleasure to have you join the training!
Includes 4 nights accommodation in a single room from Thursday 21 October until Monday 25 October; dinner on the first night, 3 meals on Friday-Sunday, and breakfast and lunch on the last day; and training course; and a 1 hour 1-1 call to take place after the training
Includes 4 nights accommodation in a double room from Thursday 21 October until Monday 25 October; dinner on the first night, 3 meals on Friday-Sunday, and breakfast and lunch on the last day; and training course; and a 1 hour 1-1 call to take place after the training. Note that you will be sharing a room with another participant. If you are attending with a friend or partner, you can request to share the room with them.
Multi-bed Shared Room
Includes 4 nights accommodation in a shared multi-bed room from Thursday 21 October until Monday 25 October; dinner on the first night, 3 meals on Friday-Sunday, and breakfast and lunch on the last day; and training course; and a 1 hour 1-1 call to take place after the training. Note that you will be sharing a room with other participants. If you are attending with a friend or partner, you can request to share the room with them.