Sat, 08 Jan|
Learn to Play the Gong (Online Workshop - Starts 8th January)
If you've been thinking about learning to play the gong, this is your chance: we are launching a group online training designed to kick-start your gong playing journey. Learn all about the science & history of sound healing, gong playing techniques, and guidance on selecting your very own gong.
Time & Location
08 Jan 2022, 10:00 GMT – 22 Jan 2022, 17:00 GMT
About the Event
Anyone can learn to play the gong, no prior music or meditation experience is required. Gong playing is a great way to learn to meditate on your own, or you can kick start your journey to becoming a gong meditation practitioner with this workshop.
The gong player and practitioner training we offer is divided into two parts, both of which include theory and practice:
- Part 1: Learning to Play the Gong introduces you to the history, theory and science of gong meditation, and includes an overview of playing techniques as well as practice time with the gong
- Part 2: Hosting a Gong Bath is designed for those who want to go further and learn to facilitate gong baths.
Combined, Parts 1 and 2 are a first step towards qualifying to deliver gong baths at the GONG studio, or to incorporating gong meditation into your personal or professional activities.
This workshop is for Part 1, and it will be hosted online via Zoom. The benefit of the online format is that you can learn and practice directly with your own gong at home, which will allow you to play around with and optimize your personal set up. It is a focused, practical, and interactive workshop.
Dates: 8 January from 10am-12pm (theory) + 22 January 3-5 pm (practical)
This allows time for you to find and purchase a gong to complete the practical part of the training.
In addition to these weeknight workshops, you will also have an optional mentoring call with me after the workshop to address any personal questions, concerns or other topics you might like to get more guidance on.
Here is what the training will cover:
Introduction to the Gong & Sound Meditation
- History of the Gong & Gong Baths
- Science of Sound Meditation (mental & physical benefits)
- Types of Gongs & Mallets
Introduction to Playing the Gong
- Gong Playing 101
- The Four “i’s” of Gong Playing
- Stroke Techniques
- Creating a Soundscape
Group & Individual Practice
- Group & Individual Practice during workshop
- Additional Individual Practice Time (self-study with guidance)
- Private 1-1 training call with Selma
Gong Types, History & Science of Sound Healing
Gong Playing Techniques & Practice
Includes course, assistance in choosing a gong, and 30 minute 1-1 mentor call with Selma to take place within 3 months of the workshop. Practice time with a gong in London can be arranged for an additional fee.